Recently one of my friends introduced this amazing game with me and I installed it immediately. Trust me I learned to play the game within half an hour. It’s very easy to play the game.
Players & Deck:
Indian Rummy is usually played with 2 to 5 players. A single deck of 52 cards is used (54 if wild cards are included) and each player takes turns dealing the cards. If there are 4 or more players, two decks are used (104/108 cards) but 13 cards are still dealt with each player.
The Deal: The dealer deals each player 13 cards face down. The next card from the deck is turned face up which indicates that it is the start of the discard pile. The rest of the deck is positioned face down and becomes the stockpile. One of the cards is randomly selected and kept the face up under the pile which is considered as the wild card.
How To Play Indian Rummy?
1. You have 13 cards viz. Ace 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Jack Queen King (out of total 52 deck cards).
2. You have to draw a card (compulsory) and if you require it you can keep it and discard another card which you don’t want or you can discard the same drawn card. Discarding a card is also mandatory.
3. You have to make minimum two sequences with three or more cards called lives. One of the lives must be pure life and other may be a pure or impure life and one of them must have 4 cards. A pure life is a run of consecutive suited cards made without any joker. An impure life is run of consecutive suited cards made with a wild card or a joker (you can use only one wild card or joker per life).
In the above image 9, 10, J & Q of diamonds makes a pure life. 8 & 9 of hearts & 8 of diamonds makes an impure life in this case 8 is the wild card.
4 of spades, 4 of diamonds & 4 of hearts makes a set. A set may be of 3 or 4 cards each of different card but with the same value be it any number, Ace, Jack, Queen or King.
4. With the rest of the cards, you may make a sequence of pure or impure lives or make sets or use the extra joker cards as wildlife.
5. Once you have completed making all the deals and sets you can declare the cards by discarding one card and displaying the other cards in the form of sets and deals to all players.
Invalid declaration will cost you all the points and you are eliminated from that particular round (also consider the humiliation).