Due to some unknown licensing issues, MX player has removed support for some of the audio formats in their app. We are talking about AC3, DTS or Dolby and MLP here. MX Player is probably the best video playback app for android users. Millions of users use it, including me. But after using it for a while they found out about the issue in playing some audio format.
If you got any high-resolution video of any movie or your favorite TV series, you might found out that audio won’t plays. You get an error “Audio format (AC3) is not supported“, though the video is playing properly. Many users head out to Play Store and try to found the alternative to MX Player like VLC or KMPlayer.
Well! Why bother with such a small problem? Why would you have to give up using such an amazing video player, when it takes only 5 minutes solve this problem? So, How to fix AC3, DTS audio playback in MX Player? Here is the step by step illustration to restore the AC3 audio playback support in MX Player. Before going further, you have to find correct custom codec for MX player.
Steps to fix AC3 audio playback in MX player:
- Open- MX player and click on the Options.
- Now go to settings.
- Click on Decoder.
- Scroll down to “General” and note your custom codec.
Here, you can see my custom codec is ARMv7 NEON. So, by following above steps you can find your custom codec, which is required to fix the “Audio format (AC3) not supported” issue.
Now go to the following link which has all the custom codec to download. But, before downloading you need to find out the version number of MX Player which you are using.
- Open- MX Player
- Head down to Options-> Help-> About, and note down the version number.
Check if you are using v1.7.40 or v1.8.0 or v1.8.6 and above (Note: If you have v1.8.4 or v1.8.5, you need to upgrade it to v1.8.6).
Download The Codecs here.
Now according to the version of MX Player you are using; download the suitable custom codec. If you are not sure about the custom codec you can also download AIO pack for MX Player v1.7.32-40, or AIO pack for MX Player v1.8.0, or AIO pack for MX Player v1.8.6 and v1.8.6+.
Note: You must download correct Custom Codec only, because codec may be different for different devices.
You Might Also Like: How to Hide Data Behind Image?
Now, you have downloaded suitable custom codec, next step is to add your downloaded custom codec to MX Player. There are two ways to which you can add a custom codec to MX Player. If you have downloaded a suitable custom codec, follow Method-1. If you weren’t sure about your custom codec and downloaded AIO pack or if Method-1 doesn’t work, follow Method-2.
- Put downloaded custom codec file (ZIP File) into the internal memory (NOT in any folder), if it is already in an internal folder- NO Problem, if not- then move it to internal storage.
- Next, open MX Player.
- Now, MX Player will automatically detect the custom codec (if found) and notify you in the prompt window.
- Click on OK, now MX Player will restart itself.
- To verify your custom codec is successfully added or not, go to Options-> Help-> About. If Custom codec is added successfully then it can be seen below Version number, see the image below.
There might be a case in which Method-1 can be unsuccessful. MX player won’t automatically detects Custom Codec. In this case, you have to manually choose the correct path for your Custom Codec.
- Open- MX Player, and go to Options-> Settings-> Decoder.
- Scroll down up to bottom and select “Custom Codec”. Now a window will be prompted on the screen, choose your correct path to which you have downloaded Custom Codec.
- After loading Custom Codec, click on “OK”, now will MX Player will restart itself.
- To verify that custom codec is added successfully, open Options-> Help-> About. If it is loaded successfully, it can be seen right below the version information.
Now, you can enjoy watching your favorite videos without having to worry about audio playback support.
I hope this article has helped you in solving the issue. Do share this post with your friends. Let us know if you have any questions in the comment section below. You can also comment the subjects on which you would like us to post. Also, do read some of our interesting articles listed right below. Stay tuned for future updates.