The main beauty of Android is customization. There are thousands of customization tools and tricks available for the Android. You can literally give your phone a new look by installing custom themes, icon packs, launchers, and many other things. One of them is that you can change boot animation of any android device.
Customization is the biggest selling point of Android. You can tweak your Android device just the way you want it and how you want it. Rooting your device opens a whole new door of customization tricks for you. Changing your boot animation is another process in making your device truly your own.
For those who don’t know what boot animation is? It is the animation which plays when your device boots up. For some reason, if you don’t like your stock boot animation you can always change it. There are two methods by which you can change boot animation of any Android device.
Note: Root access is required in order to change boot animation of your device.
Just make sure to download your custom boot animation in a resolution same as your device have. You can install boot animation of any resolution, there is no restriction on that. But, there is a chance that your custom boot animation will not play on entire screen or it will spread out of the context of the screen.
How to Change Boot Animation of Any Android Device
There are two methods by which you can change boot animation of any android device. Method 1 is easy, it only requires downloading an app from play store. Method two describes how to do it manually which will require root file explorer.
Method 1: Using Boot Animations app
This is the easy way to change your boot animation.
- Download Boot Animations app.
- Open it and find boot animation of your choice.
- Click on the + icon. A prompt window will appear requesting root access, allow it.
- Now, a dialogue box will appear requesting confirmation to install, check the box which says create a backup before installing and press install.
- Reboot your phone.
Congratulations, you have taken another step in making an Android device truly yours. Now, you can try and install thousands of boot animation on your Android device.
Method 2: Using Root File Explorer
This is the manual way of changing boot animation of any Android device. This is also a very simple and easy method.
- Download and install Root Browser (you can also use any root file explorer of your choice).
- Now, open it and go to system→ media, once there find bootanimation.zip.
- Long tap on bootanimation.zip and click copy, paste it in the directory of your choice. We just took a backup of your boot animation just in case something goes wrong.
- Now, we are considering you already have your bootanimation.zip file. Long press on it and select Move.
- Go back to system→media and paste your file there (make sure your file name is non-other than bootanimation.zip if it is, then rename it before moving). You will need to overwrite your current bootanimation.zip file so click on Yes.
- Now, reboot your phone.
- If your bootanimation is still not changed or not showing then head to system→ media long tap on bootanimation.zip click on Permissions and change them until they fit. For us, it is shown below. Yours might be different than us.
After that reboot your phone. Congrats you have successfully learned how to change boot animation of any Android device. If you still have any queries you can ask them in the comment section down below, we would be happy to help.